“Stevens” is an historic 19th century building located in the heart of Rochester, Vermont across from the town park which have been renovated for 3 condominiums. This building is named in honor of George Stevens, the original builder of this home, circa 1800. It was a general store during the Lincoln administration in the 1860’s.
The building renovations were designed and constructed by The McKernon Group in 2006. When purchased by the new owners, the building was in terrible shape. It was a situation where it would have been much easier and more economical to tear it down and start again, but the new owners valued its history and architectural beauty.
The third floor condominium is currently for sale.